Sunday, September 14, 2014

Random...

Lately: Last week was catch up week for me regarding school/house stuff. Norah had swim lessons...which she is loving! 





She also had grandparents day at Norah's school...Nini was able to go to it and Norah loved having her there. My mom kept Norah Friday night so Jeff and I could have date night. Norah loved spending the night and met a neighbor that has a girl a few years older and they played well together. Norah even started trying to ride my old bike without training wheels with the neighbor. How exciting!

While Norah was there...Jeff and I started with some drinks with some peeps I work with around 5:30ish...it was fun as always. Then we were headed to dinner but had two detours...after we did those things our plans for dinner were kinda up in the air. Since I love a plan and now we didn't have one...we weren't sure what to do. It was 9ish so we knew kitchens around here would close soon. We hit up Bistro at the bar...ordered some apps and ran into people we knew there. The next thing I know it is 1:30 am and we are at the PIT. OMG! We had a blast! Moral of story: the nights that don't go as planned are usually the best! If you know Jeff and I really well...we laughed about Friday night because it reminded us of how we used to go out when we were dating. Needless to say, Saturday was a little rough...but thanks to the "new adult version" of a cure (I am still laughing about MB!)...I made it through!

Norah also got a couple of neat things lately...Pops got her some chapstick as she loves to wear it (and actually needs it!) Tell me how cool this is?!


She also got this from Jeff and I...we usually reward her here and there when she does well on her tests. First three tests...all As!


She has created a few things so far...all are so cute!
 
The bottom right is my favorite...it is the beach/sand and then waves/sky with the sun in the top left of it. How creative!
Books...well with school starting my reading has decreased but I miss it! I read "We Were Liars" which is sold as YA fiction but the actual subject is pretty heavy. It was a quick read that I really enjoyed and would recommend. It would be a great book club book to hear what people think about what happened, family dynamics, money, teenagers, and another important thing (but I don't want to give it away!)


Okay...so I was all excited about reading "All the Light we Cannot See" by Anthony Doerr. Even author Abraham Verghese (he is the author of one of my favorite books, "Cutting for Stone") gave it rave reviews. But I'm on page 250 and just have no desire to keep reading. I feel like I should keep reading as the writing is great and the characters are interesting but that is it for me. So I may pause and read another book and then come back to it to finish. I think I'm just not in the mood for historical fiction at the moment...maybe? Anyone want to tell me to keep reading ASAP as the reviews for it are great?!


I think I will switch gears and read "This is Where I Leave You" as it was recommended by MB and the movie comes out in a week. I've heard great things about it too...so I'll let ya know how it goes. I think my mom might listen to it on Audible too.


To keep going with the random things...here are two things to buy if you live near a Trader Joes (so jealous!) The cheese is the bomb and great to have on hand for an impromptu girls night and the bussels sprouts are so good just sauteed in a little olive oil, salt, and pepper!



Lately I have been checking out some new blogs here and there...anyone have any suggestions of ones that I should read? I've read Becoming Minimalist for awhile and find it so inspiring. Believe it or not...I think we have incorporated some of these ideas over the last few years in our household. If you look at My Blog List on the side bar...you see I have some book review blogs I like to check out like this one or this one, I also like the clothes and everyday stuff on this one and this one, and recipes on this one. And of course I still read this one which always reminds me to be so grateful for my life, family, and health. Blogs and Pinterest have replaced my time I used to spend on reading magazines! 

So glad the Panthers won today! Not a lot to be said about my college teams for the last two weeks so we will just go with the Panthers! Ha! Yep...I think this post is definitely on the random side. :)

Hope it is a smooth week!

No comments: