Thursday, September 25, 2014

The Latest...

Norah finished her swim lessons last week with a bang...she swam 20 laps (500 yards) continuously encompassing all 4 strokes (breast/butterfly/backstroke/freestyle) and Jeff and I were so impressed! She never gave up or complained...it was amazing to watch and we were super proud parents! Plus the swim teacher bribed her with a cup of candy (I told her she is going to make a good mom one day!) So Norah has decided to join the Little Wahoo Swim Team. She will practice twice a week and participate in some swim meets. I love all the kids (and parents!) she has met so far and excited that she is having fun! 

She also went to art this week and painted the cutest thing...a pink flamingo! I've made a gallery wall of some of Norah's art and this will be added to it. 


Norah was also in the local paper last week for an activity she participated in at the Public Library. How cute and she hopes to do the next activity they have...we do love the library!


Norah also got a reward for the reading she did over the summer for school...one of her prizes was an eye patch that she has been wearing a good bit around the house and in this pic. It cracks me up!


Recently I got my hair cut...pretty short. Easier to fix but it is a change! I also went to the doctor for my back as it is still bothering me. They saw some things on the x-ray (way more than I was expecting...) and now I'm in for a MRI next week so we will see the final plan...hopefully something simple. You know as a mom...all I could think about is "I don't have time for this to be happening right now." Typical mom response. :)

 
On the book front...I finished reading "This is Where I Leave You" by Jonathan Tropper and liked it. I heard the movie got bad reviews but I still kinda want to see it. Recommend the book but it is a little on the...hmmmm...adult topic side so if that is not up your alley...beware. 

Love this quote from the book...
"Sometimes, contentment is a matter of will. You have to look at what you have right in front of you, at what it could be, and stop measuring it against what you've lost. I know this to be wise and true, just as I know that pretty much no one can do it."

Since that was a quick read...I picked the next book based on it hopefully being a fast-paced plot...a little spy action called..."The Cairo Affair" by Olen Steinhauer. I'm only a couple pages in and so far, so good.


Well now getting geared up to watch a little "Scandal" Season 4 action...can't wait!


No comments: