Sunday, May 3, 2015

Lately...

Last week I went with our 7th and 8th grade students on a field trip to see some amazing things that South Carolina has to offer. We started by heading to Columbia to see the State House where we got to see the House in session...this was super cool to see! We then headed to RiverBanks Zoo and ended at the hotel for dinner, pool time, and the kids getting to have social time.



I love flamingos!

The next morning we got up and traveled to Charleston where he headed to Fort Sumter, the Aquarium, and ended with a party at SkyZone.


These are the two teachers that went...they pretty much are the best! 
Our final day we headed to Awendaw where we went on an Island Quest to Bulls Island. This was amazing! There is also an interesting story about an alligator!                                           

We arrived back and I think I was still on the adrenaline from the trip at this point. I cannot say enough about how amazing this trip was for me. The kids were incredible and my chaperones (two teachers and two moms) were not only incredibly helpful but so fun to be with!

I missed my girl so much while gone. We went to breakfast on Saturday and then got our nails done. I'm so thankful to Jeff, my mom, and friends that took such good care of Norah while I was gone.


Saturday night we went to a Derby Party at one of our school parent's plantations in Georgetown (Annandale Plantation.) It was a gorgeous setting and lots of fun. It is a reminder of how great the parents of my students are...they have made working at Lowcountry for three years so much fun!


Well today I finally feel like I have caught up on sleep. So it is time to do the normal prep for the week but also have some more time with my baby Norah. I think we are going to see "Avengers 2" today.

And to always throw a random tidbit...totally want this watch and glasses for Mother's Day (hint, hint)...it has a great, local story behind it and they would be perfect to wear this summer! Link to Swell's website where they are having a Mother's Day Sale! 20% off using code MOM15





No comments: