Friday, August 21, 2015

3rd Grade and the End of Summer...

Norah started 3rd grade this week and she was quite excited and nervous the night before. She of course came home the first day saying it was great! I cannot believe how fast she is growing up...I just want it to slow down.
I got to walk Norah in to her classroom on the first day which is something I have not gotten to do the last 4 years since I was teaching. Now that I am staying home this year...it was a special treat for me! I tried to snap a quick pic of her in her room...(I think she is thinking...Mom, it is time for you to go now...) Ha!


With the end of summer here (boo! I miss my days filled with Norah!)...I wanted to try out a few new, quick recipes to add to our choices for weeknight dinners. Here are some winners. If you know me...I actually always tweak recipes and never do them exactly as stated because that is just how I roll so I did alter these slightly when I made them but they are great basic and quick recipes.

Greek Marinated Chicken and Linguine with Ricotta Meatballs



Norah and I had this Tikka Masala one time with chicken (Jeff refuses to eat any Indian food) and we both loved it and it was super easy and quick! (bought this brand at Fresh Market)


We had a water day at our Church and it was sweet to watch all the kids do the activities!


Jeff and I had a date night at home the other Friday night as Norah spent the night out with a friend. We grilled steaks, I made a martini, and we watched the Panthers! I love football season!



We had an impromptu dance party that ended the summer on a great note!


We had back to school river day with friends.




I took the dogs to vet for their annual shots and an additional trip for Darcy as he got an ear infection. Poor thing! (Darcy MIA for pic)
I know we will have a few more fun days on the beach or water since it stays warm here for awhile but once school started it felt like summer had ended. Of course, we are pumped about the Fall/Winter which brings football, cool weather, oyster roasts, etc. I do think this will be the best year and I am looking forward to all of our adventures with our new 3rd grader. ;)

No comments: