Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Summer Reading and Music...

I love that I record all the books I read on the blog...but I wish I did a better job of summing them up more often as they are sprinkled throughout other blog posts. So last year I did a post on the books of the summer so I thought I would do the same today. Here is my original wish list and even though I read some off it...I hope to find a couple more on it to read (I'm borrowing one of them from a friend.) So since June...I've read 13 books. Don't worry...I've already started another book and I am sure I will knock out a couple more before August is over. However, the next few weeks will be a little busy so I thought it was a good as time as ever to get this down. (And a reminder to all the kids out there...make sure to finish your summer reading before school starts!!)

Here are the books...

By far my favorite was "I am Pilgrim." I also really enjoyed the two Daniel Silva's books...I'm actually just started reading another one by him called "The English Spy." Depending on your mood...you cannot really go wrong with any of the above books.

Norah also has put a dent into her summer reading lists...one of her favorites was "El Deafo" which she thought was really good.


I usually listen to country music but Norah has turned me this summer!. Now we listen to "pop" and I find this kinda funny. So Taylor Swift is on a lot, as well as the "Pop" station on Amazon Music, and of course R5...we even listen to a different radio station in the car. I will admit that I'm loving it!

I'm still in shock that it is already August...gonna soak up the last of summer every minute we can!

No comments: