Friday, September 4, 2015

Life Lately...

I cannot believe it is already September! The first two weeks of school are finished and it has been busy. But a good busy. Norah and I painted one day at our house (we have a lot of paints and old canvases that we paint over) and came up with these.

I did the one above and then Norah did the four panels below making one big tree!

We also got to pick up the pottery that Norah made and glazed from pottery camp that she went to this summer. I love it! She pressed the clay up against the bark of trees and used plants to make indentations. So it all looks much like pieces of nature. The mug is supposed to feel like you are drinking from a tree! It is pretty cool. And her bird house really fits right into the trees outside.

Last weekend we made a super quick trip up to Charlotte to surprise Jeff's mom for her 80th birthday. We left on Saturday about 1:00 and were back the next day at 1:00. Whew!

We did stop at the Flying Biscuit for breakfast before hitting the road...I talked Jeff out of Panera! ;)

Now other bits and pieces...I saw on Facebook that they are bringing back the Woody and I so want one! Can't wait to see them in 2018!


In other news...Norah has had tennis this week and is having fun with it.


I also got to substitute at a sweet Preschool this week for three days. It is such a cute place with great people to work with and precious children. I already have some more days subbing there in the near future lined up!

Last night we went to watch the Carolina vs. Carolina football game at a friend's house. Since it was a school night for Norah we left at half time to come home and the sunset was amazing in the sky. It was so vibrant and all over...hard to explain. So Norah and I stopped and took a pic. Well about 30 minutes or so later...my mom texts me that she took a pic of sunset when headed home from my Aunt's house...completely separate from us. I think it is pretty cool that we saw the same sunset in different places and both thought to take pics! Hers is the top one and mine is the bottom one!

Today my mom surprised me with this vintage shaker that she found for $5...how cool is it?! I love it and may have to make a martini in it tonight!

Well today marks a start to a three day weekend! Hopefully there will be fun and movies in store for us! Maybe a little rest too!

No comments: