Saturday, June 17, 2017

Trip to Clemson and Greenville...

I'm almost embarrassed to say that I graduated Clemson in August 1999 and went to a game fall of 1999...and then this trip was my first time back since then!! How crazy! Not sure why it has been so long but hopefully it won't be that long again. It was amazing to be back and I must admit...I had a smile on my face the entire time there. It was good to be back.

We only had a night in Clemson as we were headed to Greenville the next day. We stayed at the new hotel in town...The Abernathy. It was nice and the location was perfect!! It is kinda where the old Hardees was when I was at school. Anyway...we checked in and then headed to see our old neighbors who moved to the Clemson area last year.







Our neighbors used to live beside us in Pawleys Island and we loved having them next door. When they moved last year...we were quite sad. It was great to see them all again! (I must say that we had the best neighbors in Charlotte and then to have these folks...we have been lucky!)



On the way back to the hotel...we stopped by my old apartment that I lived in 1996-1999 with the same girls (10th floor Lever in 1995!). Unit 131 at University Place. It looked exactly the same!



The next morning we got up and went for breakfast. I loved how we walked everywhere! So much had changed but a few things were the same. Ole' memory lane!





We walked around and check out my brick...class of 1999...C.S. Smith...




Had to take Norah to the library (above) and the homemade ice cream store (below.)


We were sad to leave Clemson and I think the summer was a great time to visit as it was not crowded and it was easy to park (that was strange! Ha!) I loved walking everywhere and I think Norah loved it too. Hope we can visit again soon.

So we packed up and headed to Greenville where first stop was Norah to get her EARS PIERCED! What?! I couldn't believe she did it and I don't know who was more excited...her or me! So pretty!


We stayed at the Embassy Suites downtown and it was a great location. Once we parked our car...we never got in it again the whole time we were there! We met up with our friends and the adventure began! The first night we headed to the "Lion King" at the Peace Center. I love watching Broadway shows!








The next morning there was some indoor pool time!


Then we went to explore! I fell in love with Greenville. I could 100% live there.



Loved where we ate lunch and then went to the children's museum.




We ate sushi on our final night there and walked around a little. The next morning was Saturday so we hit the Farmer's market downtown before we had to hit the road home. I'm already trying to figure out how to visit Greenville again soon! We did make a stop at Furman for Norah to see it...but she said she liked Clemson better! We are in trouble now...Ha!


It was a great way to kick off our summer!

No comments: