Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The weekend that flew by...

Okay, I'm hating "blogger" lately. It has been so difficult to blog lately as the formatting and stuff is all messed up. Perfect example...I wanted to write this above the picture above but it won't let me no matter what I try...so frustrating! Anyway this past Friday night I saw "The Hunger Games" with my neighbor and I liked it but it was not as good as the book (I know...I know...everyone says that.) It is just that in the book you hear so much of what Katniss thinks the whole time and that piece is missing from the movie. It also seemed that the Games were like "camping" instead of "hey you are miserable and close to death kinda stuff." But I loved Woody Harrelson in it...classic!

So the picture above is a replica of the "Menger Sponge" which is a famous Fractal. See, Saturday morning I was up bright and early to go with 9 girls to the Julia Robinson Mathematics Festival at UNCC. We had a great time and it was so neat to see all the creative activities they had and seeing our middle school girls excited about math!

Sunday was on the relaxing side and Norah, of course, played hard with our neighbors...I believe they were super heroes this day!!! They have their capes on and they were "flying" around the yard. It was so cute! I just love them!
I was sad the weekend ended as it went by so fast...it was like a blur. I did finish reading "Matterhorn" and enjoyed it. It was good to read about the Vietnam war which I was unfamiliar with but I for some reason thought it had more of a plot and followed characters maybe outside of the war zone but it did not. It was about a particular time, people and situation...but there are scenes from the book that will stick in my thoughts always...so I am glad I read it.
Well the question I always ask is, "what to read next..." and I have so many choices! I have been hearing a lot about the book "Fifty Shades of Grey" lately and now they are talking about making it into a series for HBO or a movie? So it has me curious but we'll see....
Another random note...I have seen a few previews for the movie, "Salmon Fishing in the Yemen" and for some reason I really want to see it. Since next week is my Spring Break from school, maybe I will get to head to the movies.
Speaking of Spring Break....this Friday we will be headed South so Jeff can run in the Cooper River Bridge Run in Charleston, SC. It should be a fun time!

No comments: