Saturday, July 10, 2010

Beach Week has come to an end....

Well we are back at home now (or at least Norah, puppies and me.) Jeff will be home tomorrow. I had to come back early though because I haven't seen Ellen's baby William and I must see him!! This way I can go see him tomorrow...I can't wait!

The beach week is over and it was so sad leaving but it is nice to come home to your own house. We had a great time and our days were pretty much the same...wake up, eat breakfast (one morning we eat breakfast out at Eggs Up Grill), hit the beach, come back and Norah would nap, then hit the beach in the afternoon, then dinner and bed! It was awesome! It only rained one morning on us which was nice as I think we all three needed a break and just chilled. We also went out to eat twice during the week...once to High Hammock which I had one of the best meals ever! It was so good! The service wasn't the best though. And then the other night we went to a Mexican place...cheese dip was involved so it was yummy! We cooked pretty awesome meals two nights using local food and they were so good!

I didn't exercise at all...I feel like a sloth! I did walk the dogs a couple of times but considering I wore my flip-flops while doing it...I don't think it counts! While Norah napped one day, I went and got a pedicure which was much needed. I even branched out on a new color...purple! :)

Jeff got a little fishing in...He probably wishes he got a little more done! However, we had the best time just spending time as a family! We even got to hang out with Jeff's brother and his family for the day on the beach too.

So let's see how I did on my goals for the week...
1. Spend lots of time with Norah...did this and it was great! It was so nice being with her all day again!
2. Hit the beach...we got that one covered!
3. Read books...didn't get to this one as much...finished the one book but haven't started the other one yet. Still at the time when I am too busy watching Norah on the beach to get to read too much.
4. Drink Wine..check. Usually I would start having my vino around 5 pm!
5. Just hang out and relax!...exactly what we did and we loved it!

I didn't get to see Eclipse so that is on my to-do list this week...we'll see if I can sneak it in one night this week. So other random notes...my mom bought me a wine carafe...I didn't look at it very closely at the beach when she showed me so when I got home...I checked it out and it is the same line as my crystal!! How funny...she didn't even know! Obviously she knows what I like!! Also for you Charlotte folks...I went to the grocery tonight to pick up a couple of things and they had the Black Box wine at Harris Teeter! It is $19.99 and they have all the "flavors"...that still works out to be $5 a bottle.

Well here are some pics of the week....some days I would forget to take any pics and other days I would remember but I think you get the idea. It is sad that there is only one pic of Norah and I together and none of Jeff and I together...we got get better about this somehow...

Norah had two pink float/tube things that she loved...she is a water baby for sure!




If she wasn't in the water...then we were making sand castles!!

She liked to pick up the seaweed...this obviously makes her Jeff's little girl! :)

Daddy surveying the castle...

Sorry...I had to take this shot...she would get a wedgie and we would call her the "Coppertone" baby...she is so precious!


Having fun with Daddy!

This is the night we went to eat Mexican!

We were laughing at Norah when she did this...we had just gotten down to the beach and it was like she was checking out the water deciding on what to do next...water...sand??? Too cute!

Norah in action!!


This was on the way home today...I think they were tired! (Don't worry I was stopped at a red light when I took the picture!) They had a good time at beach with us...even though they never actually saw the beach....

This is the wine carafe my mom got me...how funny that it matches all my crystal!! (Vera Wang, Duchess for Wedgwood)....I'm a dork so I put out a couple of glasses to show how pretty that they all match! I can't wait to use it!
Also just want to tell my neighbor, Meredith, good luck tomorrow for her triathlon!

No comments: