Sunday, July 10, 2016

Books...

Books I have read lately...

I love "American Wife" by Curtis Sittenfeld. So when I saw her new book and it is a modern retelling of "Pride and Prejudice"...I was sold! It is a cute book that was a great summer, beach read!

"A Doubter's Almanac" by Ethan Canin was next. I really enjoyed this book. I don't think this book would be for everyone based on the math "stuff" in it but I really got into it and the characters.


"The Nest" was a fun book but I did feel like I wanted it to be better. Some areas could have been edited and other areas I wanted more details. But a good summer read.





Read "Murder on the Orient Express" because it was a kindle deal of the day and I had never read it before. It was ok but her writing is very short/choppy with just a lot of conversations so not my favorite.





I was so excited about getting the book..."Georgia" but after a hundred pages I stopped reading. I think I wasn't in the mood for the book and it didn't seem plot based...more like just describing parts of Georgia O'Keefe's life. It is a fictional account and I might finish it at another time.





So next I needed summer fluff. I like Allison Winn Scotch so I knew her new book "in twenty years" would be an easy, light read. It was! Not a very deep book but perfect to transition into another book!

So now I'm ready to start another fun, beach read!

No comments: