Friday, July 29, 2016

Books...

Making these posts short and sweet since typing at library! I've been on a roll with reading. Here is the latest.

"All Summer Long" was a perfect summer read. I liked it a lot! Obviously cool that you know the local places in it and it was interesting. That perfect beach read.

Next up was "Before the Fall" and I really liked it. It starts off with a bang...plane crash...then you get the back stories on all the people involved in the crash. Enjoyed this and found it to be different then some other books so would recommend.

Then I read "The Yonahlossee Riding Camp for Girls" and had heard mixed reviews on this one. However, I really liked it. I think it spoke volumes about the time period. A tragic incident happened and in today's times...would have been handled so differently but in the era...the problems were kinda "swept under the rug" so to speak. The main character clearly needed some sort of counseling, etc. as did other characters but that was not the norm then. Enjoyed this book a lot but I would not recommend it to just anyone as it does cover some topics that could make some people uncomfortable. So glad I read it!

And since I do not teach anymore (sad..I miss those kids!!) I do not read as much Young adult as I used to but heard about "This is what Happy Looks Like" and decided to read it. A cute Young adult book. Quick, easy read but cute.

Now to start a new book!

No comments: