Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Books...

I got on a really good run with books lately...here is the latest reads.

"Eight Hundred Grapes" was a good, solid book. It was predictable but an easy read. I hear they are making this into a movie and I can totally see it as it reads like a movie to me.
Okay...so after reading Stephen King's book "11/22/63" which is seriously one of the best books. I knew I needed to try another one. So I read "Mr. Mercedes" which is listed as crime fiction. I really go into this book. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who likes a thriller. So of course as soon as I finished...I rushed out and got the second one in this trilogy...

"Finders Keepers" is the second book in the series and I liked it as much as the first! So of course...the last book is out and I rushed to get it but...

The third and final book in the trilogy is "End of Watch" and I did not like it as much as the first two. It had some good points and of course the writing is great...but it was a little to far fetched for me. So the first two were awesome...third one is meh.

Then I got the new Daniel Silva book, "The Black Widow" and loved it! It starts off with a lot of names/places, etc. so you have to pay attention. Then it picks up and I thought it was so smart, fast paced, I loved the characters, and basically a great book! So highly recommend. You do not have to have read any previous books by him to read this one.

Well I'm trying to get in my new routine so not sure what my next book will be but I'm kinda wanting to stay in the spy genre but I have other books on my list at the library so we will see!

No comments: