Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Dr. Appt and a lot about books...


Today I visited the doctor's office for my follow-up appt for the gallbladder surgery. It was great to finally hear what extra work he did...completely different then what Jeff had described! Then he explained that my gallbladder had turned on itself and kinda folded over...so it couldn't empty and that probably caused the gallstones (had 3 stones) and the gallbladder was quite inflamed. Long story short...all is well now and I'm all clear...I have no dietary restrictions or anything. I had a great doctor and hopefully it will be the last time I see him! :)

I know I have used this pic before but it captures my favorite things: Norah, beach time and a reading a book!
Of course one of my goals for the new year is to read lots of good books! I have made the goal to read at least 24 books this year...but I really hope to read more! I thought I would make a list of books that are on my list of books that I have heard about and even a few I have already but haven't read yet. They are listed in no particular order so here it goes...

"The Namesake" by Jhumpa Lahiri
"The Host" by Stephenie Meyer
"The Maze Runner" by James Dashner
"The Gargoyle" by Andrew Davidson
"Fall of Giants" by Ken Follett
"The Alchemist" by Paulo Coelho
"The Kitchen House" by Kathleen Grissom
"Tell the Wolves I'm Home" by Carol Rifka Brunt
"State of Wonder" by Ann Patchett
"In the Shadow of the Banyan" by Vaddey Ratner
"The Sandcastle Girls" by Chris Bohjalian
"The Art of Hearing Heartbeats" by Jan-Philipp Sendker
"The Lost Wife" by Alyson Richman
"The Baker's Daughter" by Sarah McCoy
"Behind the Beautiful Forevers..." by Katherine Boo
"The Paris Wife" by Paula Mclain
"Major Pettigrew's Last Stand" by Helen Simonson
"The Bungalow" by Sarah Jio

I hope keeping a list helps me keep track of books that I read a little better and I am sure that I will add others as the year goes on that are not on this list. I also like to read religious books too in addition to other books. I am reading "Your Faith Your Life" by Jennifer Gamber now as I read "The Language of Flowers" (which I started last night and it is good so far!)

I also found some blogs that had a post with some books listed that look good...so check them out HERE, HERE and HERE for even more ideas. The author John Green has some books out that look interesting too. Also "Cutting for Stone" by Abraham Verghese, "Unbroken" by Laura Hillenbrand and "On the Island" by Tracey Garvis Graves are ones that stick out in my head of books that I really enjoyed in the past and you should read!

Well if you made it through the end of this post...you probably like books too...I would love to hear about books that you love that are not on the list or if you have read one on my list...did you love it?

1 comment:

Anna said...

Thanks for stopping by my best of 2012 list and for linking to it here. I see The Lost Wife is on your to-read list. I loved that book, too! I can't wait to hear what you think of it!