Monday, November 14, 2016

Books 37-42 for the year...

So I've still been reading and here are the 37th-42nd books I have read this year. #37 was another Nelson DeMille book called "Wild Fire." It was okay but I'm not sure I will read anymore of this series or not. It just is not as good as the Daniel Silva books for me. 

Book #38...switched gears and went for a different genre and read Lisa Gardner's "Find Her." I thought this was a good book...it is super creepy in parts, interesting, and a totally different plot. I thought the end was a little weak but I would still recommend this book to anyone who likes a thriller/suspense.

Next up was "The Couple Next Door" by Shari Lapena. Since I was already in the thriller/suspense genre I stuck with it. Just like "Find Her" this was interesting and a different plot. Both were super quick reads and really good.

#40 was "Titans" by Leila Meacham. I have not read anything else by this author and the description of the book made a comment about it being like the Thornbirds (which I love!) The book was okay but it wasn't very deep or anything and not near as interesting as the Thornbirds for me. If you want a family saga to read...read "Shell Seekers" by Rosamunde Pilcher.

So after "Titans" I was back to wanting to read a spy genre so since I have loved Daniel Silva's books I have read (I've read his more recent ones)...I decided to read the first in the Gabriel Allon series. The first one is "The Kill Artist" and of course I liked it...cannot go wrong with a Daniel Silva book. I'll be reading more in this series for sure.
Back to the thriller/suspense genre but throw in some science fiction stuff and you have "Dark Matter" by Blake Crouch. This was a great book...the first half is awesome and you will not want to put the book down. The last bit gets a little more "science stuff" so you are still liking it but it gets a little crazy. So that was #42 of the year. I am hoping to hit 52 books this year so we will see...

No comments: