Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Books (3-10 in 2017)...

Book #3 of the year was "The Forgetting Time" which I had seen a lot on blogs, etc. It is a little far fetched...so keep that in mind.

Number 4 was "A Death in Vienna" and I still love Daniel Silva but this was not one of my favorites. I'm sure I will still read the rest of the series that I haven't read yet!


#5 was "The Mothers" and it is one of those books where it captures a time in people's life and their decisions...and what happens after you make your choices. A reminder how decisions now can alter your life later.

Number 6 was "Lion" which was non-fiction and I enjoyed. It was a sweet, inspiring story and I look forward to seeing the movie.

#7 is also a non-fiction and really was great! I loved Lynsey Addario's life and it makes you think about following your passion and for me...honestly...doing more in life. I highly recommend this one and it is also going to be a movie.


Number 8 was "The Kind Worth Killing" and it is in the suspense genre. I must admit that after the first little bit I thought I had it all figured out...but then it completely changed. If you like "Behind Closed Doors" then definitely pick it up. I look forward to reading something else by this author.


#9 was "The Association of Small Bombs" and I liked it but I do not think this book would interest everyone. I love all things that relate to India and especially novels set in India so of course I wanted to read it! It was well written and made a great point about how one event changes lives in different ways. You never know how you will react to a life-changing event.


So I must admit that I saw this first was becoming a movie with Kate Winslet and Idris Elba and knew I needed to read it first. Action and love...great combo. I really enjoyed it. It reminded me of "On the Island" (which of course I loved and a must read for action/romance!) a little with the plane crash and love angle. Cannot wait to see movie!

2 comments:

Jill Hoke said...

I see Charles Martin books all over the place, but i never read one. I'll have to pick this up before the movie comes out.

the hoppe pad said...

It was my first Charles Martin book...but now I am curious about his other books!