Saturday, March 11, 2017

NYC 2017

I went to NYC with some friends to celebrate my 39th birthday! I loved the crew! It was fun and it only reiterates the fact that I not only love to plan a trip but to travel! We had amazing weather (not too cold for February!), loved where we stayed (so close to everything,) shows (could have seen more!,) food, and of course the company was great! I felt like I should have taken more pics but here are a few!!!

 The Pawleys Island/Georgetown crew on the cab ride in NYC after landing!!


First stop was to see Kinky Boots (Todrick Hall was starring in it!) We had the best seats and the show was AMAZING! I loved it! I could see it again! It was up there as one of my favorites with West Side Story that I saw when I was a kid in Dallas. Again...was so good!!



We had a late dinner at Trattoria Dell'arte and it was so good! I would eat here again on my next trip back!


My girl Meredyth! I have known her since I was 21 and we worked together and then were roommates in Atlanta. We have had more fun and random nights then we care to discuss. Ha! She is of course one of my most favorite peeps!!

 Breakfast of champs every morning...bagel and coffee!

 Subway ride!! Honestly we barely had to take it as we were so close to everywhere but there is something I love about the subway!


 My girl Glenn representing at our favorite sign!! We love wine! Oh the fun times we have had with our wine! :) Glenn just moved from being my neighbor to living 20 minutes from me and I want to cry!!


I had read about this random taco place that Glenn and I went to before meeting the rest of the crew. It was so yummy!!! Would go again!

 Then we met the crew for their lunch which I just had "liquid" while they ate...so basically it was awesome!



 This night we headed out to Gaonuri and it was my favorite! I think about it all the time! So good and the atmosphere was my favorite too! The view!!!

 

Look at the view from our table! It was magical!


 My sweet Julie!! We have know each other since I was 23 and I love her to death! She is seriously the best person in the world and I love that I get to see her when I do...but of course I still pray that one day we will live in same town again. Come on Julie!!  Plus she lets me steal a bunch of her wine. ;)

 Cheers to us!!!


Glenn, Erin, and I went and saw the Newsical the Musical and it was the funniest thing ever! I laughed so hard! It is like Saturday Night Live. Definitely a must see!


My birthday dinner at Eataly...it was a wine dinner that represented a region in Italy. I fell in love with Eataly last time I went to NYC and knew I wanted to do more there this time. I still want to scope it out more but this was cool to me!



All the wine of the night was red...so I was a happy girl! Bring it!



And to end the last night...bubbly in the room!!


Next NYC trip may include Norah as she will need to see all the tourist stops! I loved doing a girls trip and probably should do more! Until next time!

No comments: