Friday, January 12, 2018

Cleaning it up...

I made a new recipe, Buffalo Chicken Chowder, that I found via Instagram/blog for Just Jessie B. It was so good! Seriously good. You need to make it today! I can tell that this will be made a lot this winter in the Hoppe house. I did tweak it a little...I used leftover cooked chicken that I had on hand already, Chicken Stock instead of Bone Broth, and a can of Coconut Milk instead of Coconut Cream.


So I've always bought organic milk and eggs since I had Norah. I get organic/grass fed meats, wild seafood, organic fruits/veggies when I can as I do think that whatever that animal ate or was given...you will be eating it too. So Norah is now entering the tween land and needs a real face wash and face lotion and I wanted to start her on something "clean." A lot of things that are added to cosmetics/beauty care items which is absorbed through the skin...are not good...seriously read about it! I had been using some of Beautycounter's products like the Charcoal Bar, Charcoal Mask, and a Nourishing Cream Exfoliator and liked the ingredient list and how it worked.


So of course I thought about looking there for Norah's needs. I also LOVE make up and have been trying to take better care of my skin these last few years since I'm hitting the 4-0 this month. I wanted to start switching over to safer products for myself. So as I run out of things I will replace them with a better, cleaner, and safer product. So after I started buying Beautycounter products...I decided to sign up to sell it. So as I try new things...I will let you know what works for me and Norah. You can shop through me on your own by clicking HERE or I can order for you too. Would love to hear other people's favorite products from them.

Obviously I will probably still use other products too and I did change my hair shampoo, conditioner, and a spray I use after washing a while back to cleaner/safer ingredients and I love it. I got it from my local salon, Stox & Co.  It works really well for my hair. The brand is davines and here are pics of the ones I use...


So 2018 is all about getting "clean" whether it is something going in our bodies or on it and enjoying all the little things in life!

No comments: