Thursday, January 11, 2018

Books 1 and 2 for 2018

Being iced/snowed in did allow me to get started on my 2018 reading. I had two books from the library that I needed to read and both were good ones.


#1 "Little Fires Everywhere" by Celeste Ng
This was the first book I had read by the author and had heard great things about it. It took a little while to get going in the book as it was setting up places and characters but once it got to a point...I didn't want to put the book down! Each character has a distinct voice and they cover many topics/situations and that had me thinking long after I finished the book. A great read and I would highly recommend!


#2 "Artemis" by Andy Weir
I loved the author's book "The Martian" so I knew as soon as this came out that I would read it. It was really good but it has a lot of technical jargon in it that I can see some people not liking. But the characters are fun and it is interesting to think about if this will be true one day...people living on the moon. So if you liked his first book...read this one too.

Now I'm going to be reading some books I got for Christmas which I am excited about!

Connecting with Modern Mrs. Darcy

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I loved Little Fires Everywhere! I kept trying to find more time in my day to sneak in reading because I wanted so badly to find out what would happen to the characters!