Saturday, November 29, 2014

Lately...

A lot has gone on lately. My mom had a scare when a routine colonoscopy turned bad. After 5 days in the hospital she is home and recovering. Scary stuff! Thanks for all the prayers and support...it was felt. Love ya Mom!

On the home front...Norah painted a fox (and yes..."What does the fox say?" was said a lot!)

We had a pretty day at the beach not long ago and Norah and I went out and enjoyed it! I snapped some pics and one made the Christmas card...here are a few that didn't make it!




Jeff and I celebrated 10 years of marriage with a family night out for sushi and then a date to Chive Blossom and Frank's! Fun times!





So good! Want to go back pronto! 

Norah loved picking a dessert!

We attended a fun 9th birthday party for Ellie!

I went on two field trip days with Middle School at our school...a beach day and then movie time!

Ladd planned wind sprints, poetry writing, and land form drawings...it was so fun!

Ladd also planned a cool scavenger hunt that we had to do inside due to the rain (she is awesome!) but it was still fun! And the movie was good but if you haven't read the book...I think you would think this movie was a little on the slow side. I liked it but again...I've read the books. It was fun to hang out with our kids and not be in school for the day!

We have been on Thanksgiving break and I have loved every minute of it! Tuesday night some friends came over for a few POM Margaritas...recipe here...so good! Then the next day I got to hang out with Norah, Ellie, and Alec. We headed to Coastal Grand Mall and they jumped, played, had lunch, and we saw a movie!



After that it was time to cook it up! I made everything from scratch and got a fresh turkey from Fresh Market. Thanksgiving came and we watched the parade, hung out, and ate too much food. Such a fun day!

Rockin' the Jake and Betsy koosie! 

Love this pic...she seems so grown up!
We visited some friends too and at the end of the day...someone was tired!


Jeff got our tree and it looks great...just have to decorate it now! Today we have some fun stuff planned so better get geared up!

1 comment:

Kim said...

WOW! That looks like a week packed with fun! I love checking in for Norah pics... she's such a cutie. Isn't it wonderful to know there are only three weeks until the NEXT vacation?!

Kim
Finding JOY in 6th Grade