Sunday, May 31, 2015

Lately...including the end of things and the start of others...

Wow! It is the end of May which means the end of my time with Lowcountry Prep. This June marks three years that I have lived in Pawleys Island and I have worked at Lowcountry since August 2012 in various capacities. It was hard to say goodbye and I don't know if I will miss the kids, the parents, or my co-workers the most. I am so excited about spending more time with my Norah and know it was the right time to take a break from the working world. I was spoiled the last few weeks with gifts, lunches, dinners, game nights, notes, etc. I cannot say enough "thank yous" to everyone and luckily know I will see everyone around town. But now the start to my summer has officially started and I am loving it!

Okay to back up a little...I took Norah back to the allergist and we feel like we have figured out and for now solved her skin issues. She is eating gluten again and is loving it. :) We will keep her on the the nightly Zyrtec and keep her room allergen free. A trip to Charleston called for some "ice cream!"

Since we still own our condo at Litchfield Inn (you can rent it directly from them if you are interested...#153 in Lodge)...we head to Litchfield Inn for some pool time and a bite to eat on some nights. Always fun!
Jeff and I got a rare hour or so of child free time so we hit up Kings Street Grill in Murrells Inlet for an adult beverage and a view!
That same night we visited our friends house (so happy they are our neighbors too!)
A sampling of some of the cute notes I got from students!

One night we had family movie night...so fun!
We enjoyed a day at the river...the kids had a blast jumping from the dock!







Then of course...a beach day or two has happened! We always head to the same spot on the beach and love it! I know Norah and I will be there a lot this summer!





This past week marked the graduation of the class of 2015 from Lowcountry and after our Baccalaureate and dinner at Sea View Inn with the Seniors...a few of us had a drink together to celebrate the year ending! And this tells you how cool and awesome our parents are...some parents were there and picked up our bill. Seriously...they are too nice!

Now this pic is classic as it represents the best surprise I have gotten! :) I had said last August that I would help if I was given a case of wine! Well they came through on the promise...and yes...some has already been enjoyed! ;)
This weekend was the first time I actually felt relaxed in forever! I got some "me" time and Jeff and Norah bonded over camping (their third year going!) I spent a few hours out on the beach with them on Saturday and then returned for about an hour Saturday night. Then I even left with Norah as she was so exhausted and just wanted to sleep in her bed. She is precious!

The moon was so bright and the reflection on the ocean was beautiful!


Look at the end of the sunset and that bright star! Huntington State Park is a beautiful place!

Well now Norah still has 3 full days and 2 half days of school left before she is out for the summer. I cannot wait for all our summer adventures!

No comments: