Sunday, February 13, 2011

Weekend Recap...

Hubby Jeff was out of town this weekend so I never sat to blog so it is going to be a long post!

Friday: Got my 3 mile run in, first two miles sucked, third mile was awesome. It always takes me awhile to warm up. Picked up Norah from school and I had promised her "ice cream" all week so we went to Yoforia and she was in heaven! She loves to actually eat there too and is already such a people watcher! We came home and there was a package of Valentine goodies for Norah from Nini and Pops. She loved that!

Saturday: We headed to Noah's Art for a princess birthday party for our friend McIver. McIver turned 4...Happy Birthday McIver! You were supposed to wear a princess clothes but somehow I must have just overlooked that because I forgot! Oops...but don't worry Norah wore her Princess Bella dress all morning today so she made up for it!

Here is the birthday girl and one of her brothers...yes he wanted to wear the dress too! They are so cute!
Norah was into her artwork...she is so good about coloring in the lines!

She made this princess crown at the party and wore it the entire day and even to bed Saturday night!

We left the party and hit up Harris Teeter where they were selling Girl Scout Cookies and we were lured into buying two boxes. They were $4 a box...what?! Weren't they like $1.75 a box at one time. We then headed home and Norah rode her bike some and then came up with a game...she would throw a rock and then run after it and repeat. Of course she kept her bike helmet on for the game...

Norah also picked me a flower...it is probably the only pansie flower that bloomed for me this year... :)

We then made pizza together and played about a zillion games of Zingo. If you have a little one...you need to get Zingo...it is a lot of fun! After Norah was asleep, I finished "The Help."

I thought the book was so interesting and well written. You really felt for the characters and the unfairness that existed. I definitely recommend it! Next up is "Water for Elephants."
Saturday also became an unexpected rest day...I just never got the chance to do anything workout wise.
Sunday: Daddy Jeff returned! Yeah! He played with Norah outside today...this weather has been awesome here! I did do the Boot Camp DVD and a Yoga DVD and then just did the treadmill for 1 mile today. Got a nap in...it is hard being a single parent for the weekend! :) Wrote a 5 page paper for school. Got Norah's Valentine's ready for school tomorrow for her party. We also got her the "Silverlicious" book to give her for her Valentine's present...she loves this "Pinkalicious" series. It is so cute!
Now I am catching up on some blogs. Also just checked the weather for Myrtle Beach for next Saturday and it will be in the 50s for the actually race...that is like the most perfect weather! I hope it holds true...still have a few more days before I will believe the weather report.

1 comment:

WannabeRunner said...

Oohhh Girl Scout Cookies. Lord help me the day i encounter them being sold - it's not going to be pretty! ;)