Monday, August 15, 2011

End of beach trip and now a new start....

So Saturday we decided that we need to take some pics...hey let's try to take a pic of all three of us...so here is some attempts of me taking a picture of the three of us...yes...I just held the camera out and tried to do it myself....

Yeah...let's try again....

And again...

.Oops....another try...

Um...hello...what am I doing?! :)


Last one....so next time I think we will just wait until someone can take it of us as my arm was not long enough!


So we stopped by a friend of Jeff's house just down the road for their son's first birthday party...It was humid and Norah's hair did a little curl thing...how cute!




Jeff doing a little bean bag toss....

Norah running to get the bean bags back to daddy....

After the party we had hoped to meet some friends but they didn't get to the beach area till later and Norah was not going to make it very late...she was in bed at 7 again! This no nap thing rocks! :)


Also I finished "The Hunger Games" on Saturday and it was great! It took everything not to stop somewhere on Sunday to pick up book 2. But have no fears...I have it now! And a "GO Panthers" since they won Saturday night! I love that football is back on tv!


Sunday I got up and did a last walk on the beach and it was so awesome...but when is it not!?

There is just something about the beach air...it is heavenly....

These three little birds were cute and reminded me of my family of 3! So when I got back, Jeff took Darcy for a 4 mile run on the beach...they both had a blast!


After cleaning and packing up....we headed back to Charlotte. Today brought the start of my student teaching. My babysitter came this morning and I headed to UNCC for my physical, TB test and the UNCC orientation for graduate student teaching (they actually do the undergraduate separate.) They told us an interesting factoid....she said nationally if you graduate and become a teacher straight from undergrad...then 5 years later...approx. 20% are still teachers. But teachers that are "second career teachers" and go through graduate certificate programs....5 years later...80% are still teachers.


So to haul all my stuff...and there is a lot...I tried a work bag I used to use (it is actually a Kate Spade diaper bag...shhhhhh!) but it did not work at all.

So next up is another work bag I have used in the past...an old Vera Bradley (it looks like a weird shape but it really is a large rectangle and the straps are long enough to go over your shoulders)Hopefully this will work out! It has three compartments and zips so I think it will be a good start. Also as I was carrying said heavy bag...I got to my car after my long day in the parking deck and my car battery was dead! Yes...I think I left the light on inside? So I had to call Campus Security...almost used the "Emergency" pole thing with a light to call but Jeff told me that you are only supposed to use it if you are mugged or raped so I opted to 411 them. He came right out, jumped my car, it was free and fast....and then I was outta there! Of course I then leave said parking deck and they only take cash which I have $1 on me...so I begged her to take a check and she did. Whew! And this is only day 1...



Oh yeah...they gave us all UNCC lanyards to wear our school badges on...it is the green one on the left...not really me. So I took the hook off it and put it on a Lia Sophia necklack I had and boom new lanyard that is a little more stylish!


Well I am off to catch some Monday night football with hubby, do my nightly chores, read a little "Catching Fire" and get ready for day two...meeting my University Supervisor. I also meet Norah's new teacher tomorrow too!

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Looks like a great time! Love the family photos!!!

KristyRuns.com