Wednesday, June 20, 2012

So much has happened...where to start....

Well our lives have been quite busy and a little crazy lately...it is hard to know where to start. As noted in the last post, Jeff's dad did pass away. It was a hard time for the family but knowing he is in a better place, makes everyone feel more at peace.

One of the biggest changes lately is that we have moved from Charlotte, NC to Pawleys Island, SC. It is something we had been thinking about for a very long time and decided to go for it so that Norah would be able to start kindergarten in the fall here. There are so many reasons we made the move but to sum it up...we wanted a different lifestyle for our family and couldn't be happier with our decision! We are loving it and trying to adjust to a new town, get settled in our new house and just enjoy our summer!

I also finished my first year of teaching which was so wonderful! I cannot tell you how much I loved teaching this year! I loved my students and the team I worked on was fabulous (we even just texted last night!) I will miss seeing my students continue through middle school but hope to keep tabs on some to see what happens in their lives and of course I hope to keep in touch with my co-workers. I am in the process of looking for a teaching job for the fall as I really want to start with a class in August....hopefully this will happen! (So if anyone has any contacts to middle schools in Pawleys Island, Murrells Inlet, Socastee, or any other surrounding areas....let me know (I teach middle school math)!!!)

Books...well my reading has been slow at times due to the move, etc. I did listen to two audiobooks as I have had a lot of driving and painting going on (when I paint it is easier to listen to something...) I listened to "Time Traveler's Wife" and "Something Borrowed." I actually had already read "Something Borrowed" but it was a $5 deal so since I read it so long ago...it was nice to listen to. I just downloaded my next audiobook, "The Forgotten Garden" so I'm excited about that. I've also started two books that I borrowed for free from Amazon Prime...but after a few chapters I stopped reading them as they just weren't that great...I think that is only the 3rd time that I have ever done that. So now I am reading "Insurgent" and hope to get back to some heavy reading now that we are semi-settled.


Movies/TV...I took Norah to see Madagascar 3 and it was super cute! It will be interesting to see what other movies come out this summer. I know there is another kids movie, "Brave" coming out so I wonder if it will be good? Haven't heard of a lot of non-kid movies coming out yet that look interesting but I am sure some will pop up soon. Since we got new cable hooked up, we got 3 months of free movie channels and are loving it!!! Jeff and are watching the Showtime series, "Homeland" and it is great!! Highly recommend...
 After Bible Camp one day...showing off her new braids they did in her hair...she loved that!!!

Norah...well Norah turns 5 years old on June 28! It is hard to believe! She has her birthday party this weekend in Charlotte and it getting very excited! We also were very lucky that she was able to go to a Vacation Bible Camp last week at the beach which she loved. The first day I asked her what she did and she said "I saw Jesus." and I asked her what Jesus said and she said "God's word."....yep that sums up her experience! She had a blast and came home each day with something new so hopefully in the next couple of weeks we can visit the same Church on a Sunday. We also hope to get together with some of the people we met next week. I've debated whether to look for more camps for Norah this summer but everything has been so crazy that I haven't been super focused on finding any...but she does just enjoy heading to the beach and we might go to Brookgreen Gardens today.
 Norah showing off her putt-putt skills...her first time playing...


No comments: