Sunday, January 3, 2016

Beach, Books, and Stuff...

2016 is here! Tomorrow school starts back and our normal routine will start again. I have loved being home with Norah...we have had so much fun. It has finally turned cooler...which makes me so happy. I need it to be cold when it is supposed to be cold and hot when it is supposed to be hot. Before the cooler weather came...it was 80 degrees so we hit the beach for a couple of hours one day. It was beautiful.






It was an amazing New Year's Eve as I loved watching Clemson win! So exciting and cannot wait to see them play on January 11th! Go Tigers! We sported our Clemson gear all day and feasted on oysters/crab legs with friends!


Books...I love books! I finished 2015 having read 35 books including these two (did not include audio books.)

I finished "Career of Evil" which was written by JK Rowling aka Robert Galbraith and is the third in the Cormoran Strike Series. This one was just as good as the other two for me. The writing is so detailed that you feel you are in the book and can imagine every scene and feel connected to the main characters. If you have not read this series...you should (this one was a little gruesome so beware.) Now I can hardly wait until the next one comes out.


After reading "The Shell Seekers," I knew that I wanted to read another book written by Rosamunde Pilcher. Her books are just lovely. You read and just love being a part of the novel. I now want to go to Scotland in the winter and be invited to stay with some locals and be a part of a quaint town. Her books are enjoyable to read.


Now I am deciding what book to read next in my TBR pile and gearing up to watch the Panthers play. In other news, I finally got some antibiotics and now are feeling better...whew! It is amazing when you start feeling better...you realize how bad you really felt. I swear I have felt yucky for a month. Oh well. I am super excited about 2016...I feel like this will be the best year yet!

No comments: