Friday, January 29, 2016

Trip to the mountains...including a broken arm!

So last Friday we ventured into the winter storm...Jonas and drove to Banner Elk, NC/Sugar Mountain. We went with friends and stayed in their family's condo. It was a crazy ride up there in the snow but so cool! We couldn't believe we made it and it was such a fun adventure!

Norah was so excited about the snow! She loved playing in it!



Those are some cute kids!
Loved having a glass by the fire. I miss our fireplace in Charlotte so much!!!


They loved sledding around the condo...it was her favorite part!!!



Snow Fort was made!



 It was a gorgeous view from our balcony Sunday morning!

The girls went to ski school
Jeff helped with a snowman!


My 38th birthday was Monday and Glenn remembered candles...very sweet!


Of course the Panthers game was watched and we are SO EXCITED about our Panthers going to Super Bowl. Yeah!!!!


of course...the arm story. I broke my arm on Saturday ice skating with Norah. I fell and to avoid falling on my back...I landed on my left elbow. I felt really bad that I had to go to the hospital but since I couldn't move it...I was pretty sure I had done something. So a sling and pain medication was given to me and I made it the rest of the weekend. I went to ortho doctor Tuesday when I was back in Pawleys and I am scheduled for a CT scan this coming Tuesday in which they will decide if I need surgery. So in the meantime...I wait and cannot use arm. Hoping the healing process speeds up!

Needless to say, no more winter sports for me!!!

No comments: