Thursday, June 5, 2014

Books, Movies, Norah and some other stuff...

So I have been on a reading kick lately...here is what I have been/currently reading...


I have to admit that I liked all of them in their own way. Obviously I cried while reading "The Fault in our Stars" but it was a touching story. "Eleanor & Park" was another YA book and I thought it was good too. Jane Green and Maddie Dawson were fun chick lit books. I found "The Paris Wife" to be quite interesting and now I wonder if I should read "Z: A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald" or "A Moveable Feast" next. I also have read and enjoyed Sarah Addison Allen's books in the past with the touch of magic in them and "The Girl who Chased the Moon" was a perfect light read. Now I have started "A Hundred Summers" which so far is a perfect summer read! Anyway...I squeezed in some movie watching with the camping trip last weekend and some nights where everyone is asleep but me...(I don't sleep a lot!)


Of course "The Prince of Tides" is one of my all-time favorites and was due for a re-watch. I love that it is different than the book...it makes it stand alone as a movie for me. Love it! "A Promise" was good...an independent film and I love the time period it takes place in so I liked it...it is also based on a novel. I had heard different things about "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty" but I really liked it. I like the quirkiness of it all and isn't it so true how people daydream about what they want to do but not a lot of people actually ever go do it! And finally saw "The Grand Budapest Hotel"...this is the definition of quirkiness. I thought it was funny and there were things that made me chuckle like the kid who is the "lobby boy" and wears a hat that just so happens to say that...so obviously I think that is hilarious. Plus love Ralph Fiennes!


Now some other stuff...I have not dried/straightened my hair all week (except I will today because I am going into work) so it has been natural (Jeff calls it "Medusa Hair") as I have naturally curly hair. It always cracks me up once people see it as I guess they never think that my hair is not straightish (is that a word?) So thanks to all of your sweet comments about the hair on Facebook! :)



Jeff and I went to Perrones last week and I ordered the Burrata...oh my! It was a ball of cheese-deliciousness and it makes me want to go back ASAP for more!


I saw this the other day and it basically explains how I get through the day...especially during the school year! Ha!


Social Media...well I tried Twitter but could never get into it so deleted that account. I'm starting to like Instagram and wonder if I should switch from blog to instagram for all my pictures. I also still like Pinterest for different ideas and of course joining Facebook has been great with moving somewhere new (hard to believe I will have lived here for two years this month...eek!) I do debate about whether making the blog private and then giving people I know the password to view it...as with Norah getting older I cannot decide about all the pictures of her on here for everyone to see. Any thoughts?

Wednesday was Norah's last full day of 1st grade. This year has been a blur and gone by so fast. Thursday and Friday are half days for her and then she is done for the year. She did receive a medal for her Accelerated Reading which I am so proud of how well she did...I love that she loves to read!


Also look at the comparison of Norah on her first day of first grade...click HERE and now look at her today! So precious!


And you need a beach pic so here is my view on Wednesday at the beach when I looked up from my book...gotta love summer!


No comments: