Thursday, July 23, 2015

Thursday Things...

1. Wow! This summer has gotten so busy and the last few days...so hot! Norah has been in pottery camp this week and of course, loves it. I cannot wait to see her final products.

2. Norah had her first tennis lesson (I had one too...not my first ;) and she said that it was so fun! I hope she loves tennis like me. I also hope after a couple of lessons she will be ready for the group setting and who knows...maybe I will get back into it too!

3. On the book front, I finished "An Object of Beauty" by Steve Martin (yep, that Steve Martin.) I read "Shopgirl" and really liked it so I thought I needed to try another one of his. His writing is very real with his characters being flawed but realistic. This one had a ton of art references and some pictures scattered throughout the book. It is a simple read and almost like a snapshot of someone's life but I do not think everyone would love this book so I would be hesitant to who I recommend it too. I liked it but I think his writing makes you think about things. I've been impressed with both of his books so far so may read another one....



4. Showtime is having a deal for 30 days free as a Roku channel which I snapped up and watched Season 4 of "Homeland" and it did not disappoint! I love that show! So interesting!


5. Well I can't believe I'm going to say it but I sure hope it rains soon! We need it!

No comments: