Friday, December 4, 2015

Books...

Well got checked out since last post and bronchitis it is for me...but feeling better already!

I've read some great books lately. The first one is "The Marriage of Opposites" by Alice Hoffman. I really enjoyed this book a lot. It was one of those books that I wanted to sit in a quiet room and read slow to savor it so it would not end. I found it fascinating.


Next was "After You" by Jojo Moyes. "Me Before You" is one of those books that sticks out in my mind and really was so special to me. So this is the sequel and I knew going in that it would not be at all like "Me Before You" which was definitely under its own genre in my opinion. But I love Jojo Moyes' writing and I enjoyed this book too. There were moments that it made me teary and reminded me how much I loved "Me Before You." Definitely read if you read "Me Before You."
The one I just finished is one that has gotten a ton of hype lately..."The Nightingale" by Kristin Hannah. It has a ton of amazing reviews, etc. I liked this book and it even at times made me teary eyed. However, I thought it was as good as other World War II genre books that I have read before so it did not wow me as much as I thought it was going to but a solid, good book.

Hmmmm....what is going to be next?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a Moyes fan, too. Her The Girl You Left Behind is great, too.

Jillian K. said...

I'm reading Nightingale now, and feel the same. It's good, but so are many others.