Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Books #23 - #37 for 2017...


Well my laptop died and I haven't figured out what to do about replacing vs. repairing it yet so haven't been able to post anything on the ole' blog. Borrowed Jeff's laptop so I figured I needed to to get my latest reads up since it has been awhile!

Previous Book Posts



#23..."Night Circus" has been on my TBR pile for awhile. I loved it! It was imaginative and I loved the characters. The magic part was done so well. I hear they might make this into a movie and I think it would be spectacular on the big screen if done right. If you like books with the magic touch...then read this one.


#24..."Bear Town" was written by Fredrik Backman...who also wrote "A Man Called Ove." I liked this book better than the "Ove" and thought it was done well.


#25..." The Light we Lost" was a sweet love story that is all about timing, the decisions we make regarding relationships, and just growing up seen through two characters. It is moving and made me think a little of the movie..."Up Close and Personal." Read for a modern love story.


#26..."A Life Intercepted" is another book by Charles Martin. It was okay but I didn't like it as much as the other ones I have read so far by him. Don't worry...I've got a couple more by Charles Martin to read. I'm still loving his style of writing and story telling so I wouldn't let this be the only book you read by him.


#27..."The Stranger in the Woods" is based on a true story of a man who lived in the woods all alone for years before getting caught for stealing. He did serve time in jail. I thought this story was interesting and actually believed him and his story.


#28..."Dead Letters" was a suspense genre book and I thought it was a different set up then the usual. I liked it but the main character did drive me a little crazy.



#29..."House of Spies" is Daniel Silva's latest in his Gabriel Allon series and I couldn't wait to get my hands on it when it came out this summer. I really liked it as I like the series in general. I felt this one you do need to know what happened in the previous book ("The Black Widow"...which is one of my favorites in the series!) but it was a solid read. Cannot wait for the next one!


#30..."The Identicals" by Elin Hilderbrand is a great summer read. I think I read one of her books each summer and I always like each one. It was fun and I enjoyed it!


#31..."Exit West" was a book that I was excited to get but it disappointed me. I felt like I was reading the author's outline of the book...it felt like it was missing lots of details. I liked the idea of the book but wanted more information.


#32..."The Dry" is in the suspense genre and I really got into it. I thought the writing was well done and you are immediately drawn into the story. I would recommend it for a solid read.


#33 "Same Beach, Next Year" is another easy summer read by Dorothea Benton Frank. I also feel like I read one of her books each summer. They are always fun to read and I love the local details since it is written in the lowcountry. Can't go wrong with one of her books for that "beach" read.


#34..."Everything You Want me to be" is another suspense genre and I really liked it. It was fast paced and you want to know what happened. I liked the set up how they told the story. Would recommend.



#35..."The Break Down" by BA Paris...this is a suspense genre and I had high expectations because I loved "Behind Closed Doors." This book did not disappoint!! I really liked it...you do have to get into it a little to get going because at first it is hard to bond with the main character. But once the book got going...I was hooked! Would recommend.


#36..."All Our Wrong Todays" intrigued me because I do like some science fiction type books ("Martian" or "Dark Matter") but this one has a lot of techno talk that probably could have been edited a little. But once the book got going...the end went by in a blur. This book would not be for everyone. Some parts where really great but other parts were just okay.


#37..."Faithful" by Alice Hoffman is one of my favorites that I have read this year! I LOVED it! I picked it up because I really liked her previous book, "The Marriage of Opposites," and did not even really read what  the book was about before reading it. It is a fairly short book at about 250 pages but it is packed with so much goodness! I read this book in a day and it made me cry...smile...chuckle. It has all the feels!! READ THIS ONE ASAP!!

Linking up with Modern Mrs. Darcy HERE




No comments: