Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Books 45-56 of 2018

You can find Books 1-44 for the year here:


Here are my latest reads...


I had watched the Netflix movie of "To All the Boys I've Loved Before" and loved it! So I knew if the movie was that cute...the book would be better. I thought this series was so cute. I actually loved reading the 2nd and 3rd book. I cannot wait till they make the rest of the movies.


"All the Ugly and Wonderful Things" was a WOW book. This book is not for everyone. There is major (BIG) abuse involved so beware and do not read it is is an issue for you. However, I will quote Patry Francis (this is on back cover of book)..."Like the best fiction, this is a novel that means to disturb and challenge as it forced us to look with compassion on every last one of its flawed, memorable characters." This book stuck with me and I found the title to be spot on. It is one of my top reads of the year.

"The River of Stars" is a different, modern twist on an immigration story. 

"Young Jane Young" was a look at how a mistake in your youth that is big political news...affects different characters that are involved. I found it interesting.

"Jar of Hearts" was a thriller that kept me turning the pages. The ending was a little...meh...but as a whole it was a great book.

"Harry's Trees" was a sweet book with a touch of magic. And I found out the author actually wrote some of the book while visiting Pawleys Island...which is where I live.

"The President is Missing" was good but certain parts I felt could have been edited and it wasn't as good as I wanted it to be...but I think I wanted more of a Spy Genre book.

"The Hopefuls" was a perfect read...especially since I read it after "The Heart's Invisible Furies." It was a fun look at politics and young love.

"The Heart's Invisible Furies" has been on my TBR for awhile. It was great. I loved how it spanned the entire life of Cyril. There is so much to say about the book but in the end...you know it is good when the character stays with you long after reading it. One of my top reads of the year.

"Lethal White" is a book I have waited forever for...like 3 years! I love the Cormoran Strike series and anything JK Rowling writes is gold in my opinion. Now I cannot wait til the next one!!

No comments: