Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Wednesday Words...

My mom had to put her sweet dog, Doc, down Monday night. It is so sad as he got sick so fast and he was only 8 years old. Dogs are such a big part of your family and it is hard when it is time to say goodbye. We are thinking about you Ma (aka Nini)!

This week Norah's class is collecting canned food so we have been trying to explain to Norah that not all children are able to have food all the time. So she is excited that she is helping other kids by bringing some food each day to class.

We also are taking Norah to see the Singing Christmas Tree For Kids Dec. 4 in Charlotte! I think she will love it!

Well we did keep Norah home from school on Monday and Jeff ended up taking her to the doctor and she has an ear infection. So she is on antibiotics for that...she also still has the runny nose and cough. Now Jeff is a little under the weather...I am so hoping I don't get any of the germs this time!

Well I am off to the library to get school work done. It is so hard to believe that the libraries here are not even open everyday due to budget cuts...that is sad. On a happier note...I got a babysitter for my work Christmas party...it is a miracle! :)

1 comment:

Hilary said...

Oh my goodness, I can't imagine having to put down a dog. We have Simon and Sophie and they are very much our first children. They have my heart.

I love that you are teaching Norah about giving so young. Friends of ours started a tradition of giving with their children at about 3 and they are raising some of the most generous and kind children I have ever met.

Good luck on the schoolwork and the rest of your semester!