Sunday, February 3, 2013

Beginning of February...

It is hard to believe that it is already February! Last Thursday was our first book club gathering and I believe it was a success! I loved all the ladies that came and think we had a great time. Of course I forgot to take any pics while everyone was here but we did pick our next book which is "The Art of Hearing Heartbeats" by Jan-Philipp Sendker.
Also look at these beautiful tulips that Jan brought to the book club for me in honor of my birthday! They are beautiful!
Well Friday Jeff took Norah to family swim night at the gym and Saturday was a day of a lot of little things. Norah and I ran errands, Jeff worked and then fished and then I was in the kitchen making lots of food...some for Church today, some for Super Bowl gathering and some for the week. I did watch a fantastic movie yesterday that I originally wanted to see if the theatre but never did (there seems to be a theme of that for me these days!) "Salmon Fishing in the Yemen"...I really LOVED it! It also makes me want to add Ewan McGregor to my "celebrity boyfriend" list...and let's face it...most of the actors in the movie have a British accent so I knew I was going to love it as I do seem to love all that is British!
Today we headed to Sunday school and Church which as always is great. To go off on a slight tangent...something we talked about today in Sunday school really kinda hit me...Jeff and I discussed on the way home. In essence...you go to Church on Sunday and when you leave...you are refreshed and ready for the week. You are ready to share and spread the word, be positive and go the right path. Then you enter the "real" world where others may not share your views and then you get bogged down with the daily ins and outs of life and you can't seem to keep that feeling that you had on Sunday. Jeff and I talked how that is the ticket...to make a conscience effort to live each day with the same "umph" that we have on Sunday. I could go on and in more detail but I wanted to make note so I would remember our discussion.

Ok...back on track....we had the annual meeting and a potluck lunch after the service today. I have to mention that Norah offered to help and take people's plates to the kitchen after the lunch without being asked to do so...so proud of her!! She is such a good kid!
Norah's hair is now long enough to make one big ponytail!

Norah actually took this picture of Jeff and me!


I snapped this at Church while Norah was helping clean up...all on her own!
Well now I have to get some things ready for tomorrow and just to rest a minute before we head over to  some Super Bowl festivities. I do not want to jinx myself but my throat is kinda bothering me...I so cannot get sick!!

No comments: