Wednesday, August 21, 2013

1st Grade and other things....

Today was Norah's first day in 1st grade! Since I had my own school duties, Jeff took Norah to school which is becoming a first day of school tradition (this is the third year he has done it solo!) Jeff took pictures for me which I love!


This one makes me laugh because I know she was looking at all the things around her when he took it!

A thank you to Norah's teacher for taking this pic of her and Jeff! Such a Daddy's little girl!
Norah said she had a great time! When asked what her favorite part of the day was....recess was the answer! She saw a lot of friends throughout the day too. Excited to see what day 2 has in store for her! And it is still hard to believe she is in 1st grade!

I have to back up to this past week...I went back to work last week and could not have done it without the help of my mother-in-law. She was a HUGE help and we really appreciated her coming to watch Norah for the week. We hated it was not that exciting for her and it rained a lot....but Norah loved having Vee Vee all to herself! Thanks again and we promise the next time you visit...to be more entertaining! We did get one night out and hit up the "Blue Crab" for dinner.

I also have to mention our trip to the beach this past Sunday...the water was so clear...it was literally like being in the Caribbean! It was crazy!


And last but not least....today was my first day back with the kids and it was fantastic! I love all the students and it went really smoothly! The teachers are fabulous and I know we are going to have an amazing year! Middle School rocks!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Those pictures make me want to skip school and go to the beach. It looks so calm and serene and relaxing.
And how precious Norah looks on her first day!
I hope you (both) have a wonderful year...

Kim
Finding JOY in 6th Grade