Wednesday, August 14, 2013

The End and The Beginning...

Last week was my last piece of summer and I enjoyed every minute! I had the most amazing time with Norah...we had VBS time at our Church, beach trips, pool time, movie watching, errand running, hair cuts and even roller skating (just to name a few things!)
She loved it! I didn't have my phone on me while we were actually on the floor part (as I was trying not to fall myself!) so I took this before we left while she was on the carpet area. Can you believe they have those "walkers" now? Who knew!
I finished reading "The Lost Wife" by Alyson Richman and it was fabulous! I loved it and read it in two days! Tomorrow I have my book club and cannot wait to discuss it! I wish I took more pics of Norah during our week but no worries...I soaked in every minute of my last bit of summer with my baby girl and have all the memories!
Norah was worn out after our skating adventure!
So with my summer vacation ending...that means that the school year is beginning! We have been very lucky to have had my mother-in-law come down to watch Norah while I work this week so I have not had to worry about her. She has been so excited that her "Vee Vee" being here and they have even had knitting lessons.
She is so proud of her knitting and has done such a good job!

This week has been a whirlwind and I literally have gotten 4 hours of sleep in the last two nights...but so worth it! Today was the first day that all teachers were required to return to school...and they proved how amazing they all are and what a great year we have ahead! Not only have I worked with the best team this summer to prepare for today but after our group meeting, I knew how fantastic this group of teachers and staff will be this year! While I was having fun at school...Vee Vee took Norah to art class where she painted a Lobster!

So tonight ends and I am gearing up for the rest of the week which I feel will be just as successful as today proved to be...and then one more weekend before school officially begins for Norah and me! Now to get a little sleep...

1 comment:

Kim said...

OhMyGolly. That girl is CUTE! I think she should be the "kid model" in a Country Living magazine spread!
I love that you made the most of your time before you head back to school. Smart decision!
Good luck with the new school year...

Kim
Finding JOY in 6th Grade