Monday, August 5, 2013

Slow Down August...

Last week was a whirlwind as I worked extra so that I could have this week off to spend the last bit of time with Norah before the craziness that is the beginning of a new school year brings. However, I did squeeze in a night of fun last Thursday as my Aunt Susan/Hankie, Cousin Erica and I went to Palette to Palate and painted a Tuna fish!
Looks like they are having fun!


Here is my fish...I decided not to do a blue background! Rebel!
Then this weekend started my last weekend to the start of the last week of vacation (does that make sense)! So over the weekend we had a lot of fun as a family and just relaxed. I did a trip to costco, etc. but we watched movies like "Back to the Future" (such a classic!) and just did what we wanted with Jeff and Norah hitting the pool. etc...Church was great on Sunday and then Sunday night brought back the most awesome thing ever....football! Jeff and I were giddy with delight as pre-season NFL football started with the Dallas vs. Miami game. We were so excited that it was ridiculous! We love football! So we watched and cannot believe that football is back...we have missed it!
I do love Cris Collinsworth (seriously...he is awesome!) And it was great to see Cris Carter in the Hall of Fame!
Today brought the first day of VBS at our Church which they did a great job with...Norah came home and said how much fun she had and loved it! I just helped at the first part during the registration but everyone that volunteered did a tremendous amount of work during the day...which the kids loved! Then Norah and I went to the beach.


Yes, my favorite thing happened...my daughter played on the beach and waves while I got to read my book!
The weather was amazing and it looks like the rest of the week might be the same! So here is to the week of fun...I wish summer had about 3 additional weeks....since that isn't happening...I guess I will enjoy this week with my little one to its fullest!

No comments: