Sunday, August 25, 2013

A great weekend!

By the end of the school day on Friday...exhaustion had hit but the week had been such a success! The students and teachers were beyond fabulous and it was a great start to a new year! So as much as Jeff and I were ready to crash...we were headed to a "Back to School" party which turned out to give us our second wind...and it was a BLAST! Such a fun group of people and the kids played hard...Norah was dirty from head to toe when we left! Awesome night! (There are a few kids missing from the pic!)


Saturday Jeff headed out to play some golf while Norah and I had a chill kinda day...it was just what we needed. Sunday brought Church and then after a grocery store run...I made buffalo chicken egg rolls (I got the recipe from my friend Glenn and tweaked it to what I have on hand...we love them) and made homemade granola bars for breakfasts this week (Thanks Amanda for the recipe...which I tweaked to what I had on hand...)...have you noticed I always tweak a recipe! I got a pic of the egg rolls which you bake (who knew they are so easy to make!) but did not take a pic of the granola bars before I had them all wrapped and packed away.


I also got to finish my book I was reading, "Circle of Friends" by Maeve Binchy. I had seen the movie and always thought it was so cute so decided to read the book. It was good and I could totally see all the actors that played in the movie fit perfectly.


Well off to get a couple things ready for a new Monday tomorrow and watch a little football action. Hard to believe we have a full week at school and then a three day weekend coming up! Wahoo!

No comments: