Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Books, Movies, and other things...

Books...
I read "The English Spy" and it was a good "spy" book.  I would probably read another one by Daniel Silva one day. Still nothing has topped "I am Pilgrim"!!

Then I had a quick read in "Heart-Shaped Hack." I picked it because the author wrote "On the Island" which is one of my favorites. It wasn't really my thing but I do think the author writes characters you like and want good things to happen to. Again it wasn't as good as "On the Island" was for me but it was a book that you like and finish.


I had read about "The Shell Seekers" through a blog and there were so many comments about how good it was...that I knew I had to read it. I actually checked it out of the library and the cover is not really my thing...and honestly it could definitely use a cover re-do. But the book was really good and poignant. I looked forward to reading it each day and felt that there are so many good life lessons in the book. I would recommend a read if you have not read it before.

Last weekend was movie time and Norah and I watched "The Sorcerer's Apprentice" together. It was pretty good. I had never seen it before but it was enjoyable and reminded me of the Percy Jackson type movies. Norah liked it. :)

I finally got to watch "The Age of Adaline" and thought it was good but the man who narrated certain parts in a scientific voice kinda ruined it and that took away from the romantic feel. They should have had a women do the voice so it was softer and not so technical. Overall, I liked it and it was a beautiful movie.

Jeff took Norah to the pool and I went to the movies! I saw the new "Mission Impossible" and it was good! I think they do a great job with these movies and I love the characters. I always look forward to when these come out as well as Bond movies and the Jason Bourne series.

Another awesome find from Fresh Market is this sauce. Holy Moly it is so good! It is better than the last sauce we tried. This will be a staple in the pantry for sure. Added chicken and had rice...perfect quick dinner!

Jeff took Norah to the pool at Litchfield Inn one day and then to Debordieu one day. Norah loves the water! He did snap one pic for me!

It was lovely having that three day weekend. We headed over and ate dinner with my mom and Denny for Labor Day. Always fun! And of course we took a car selfie! Norah had just gotten back from the pool so she took a quick shower...that is why her hair is so wet! Love my sweet girl!

I have been going to Pilates at Pawleys Island Pilates this summer and I cannot say enough good things about it. It has helped my back tremendously! They also are so fun and I love going!

The weather here has been so wonky. One moment it sunny and then it is pouring rain. But the humidity has been the worst. Please go away humidity!

Norah has been busy as ever and she is now started Halloween talk. She has decided to be a witch for Halloween. Now if we can make it till then!

No comments: