Saturday, June 15, 2013

Buddy Camp 2013 and a busy week...

It has been a busy week...I went back to work this week, friends have been in from Charlotte (Hey Julie, Christie and Cara!!), family in town, meeting at Church and of course, just normal day-to-day stuff too! There was a lot of trips to the beach and pool with friends and family in there which was a lot of fun. Norah has been at Art Camp all week with Mrs. Hays and she came home with some awesome art work. Here are a couple shots of it...(I am so in love with the owl! It is hard to tell but it is larger and I'm totally framing it!) Each one is using different materials whether watercolor, acrylic paint, and more!




So I still have not documented our big Buddy Camp experience which was amazing...so here it goes.
Last Friday morning we were up early and as we went to leave...my car battery was dead! So after we got it jumped and hoped for the best...then we headed out to St. Christopher's Camp in Seabrook Island. We even saw a rainbow in the sky on our way. We arrived a little late but it was okay...we jumped right in! The weather cleared up as the day went on and ended up being perfect for our stay.

Buddy Camp was awesome! Norah and I had the best time! We did not know anyone going in but made friends fast and it was a busy two days. The experience brought so many good memories back as I had done there for three summers 25+ years ago (I actually got teary eyed leaving.) The cabins were exactly the same (except now they have air conditioner!) and the activities were the same in a lot of ways. The only activity that I was hoping to do that we were not able to due was sailing...our group was scheduled to do it Friday morning and the weather was still not good for it but hopefully we will get to do it again another time soon! It was funny because I looked forward to singing some of the same songs we sang but they didn't sing any of them! I asked one of the staff members and she had not heard of the songs ("Rise and Shine", "One Tin Soldier" and "Apples and Bananas") that we used to sing....I think that just proved that I was a "little" older!?

I loved the staff and they are such good role models for all the kids. A lot of the staff were from Clemson so that was fun to talk to them about too hearing how it has changed and stayed the same. I cannot say enough positive things about Buddy Camp and I really hope we can do it next year too! (More pics should be posted on St. Christopher's site this week for Buddy Camp-Session 2 HERE)

And here are some pics I took...(I never had my camera when we were doing water activities since they are all in the ocean...the cabins are directly on the beach which is fabulous!)












Well I am thinking next week will be slightly calmer...right?! Off to enjoy our Saturday!

No comments: