Saturday, October 12, 2013

Lately...

So things change...Thursday night ended up being a couple drinks with some friends...Elizabeth and Glenn...thanks for giving me some sanity this week!

With a little change of plans...Norah, the dogs and I arrived in Graniteville Friday night. Norah did not sleep the whole way down (4+ hours!) but we sang a lot of songs and talked about some random things...so we had fun! :)
Here is the pic of leaving the driveway...madness....as you can see....
Yeah...so we arrive and my mom is not doing so great (hip replacement was on Monday)...she had a mild fever, etc. We get through the night. Next day my step-dad goes to the Georgia game (hate that they lost...so wanted them to win!!! Norah should have worn her Georgia gear at the beginning of the day...lesson learned!)...then Clemson came on and they were losing (What?!) so went to plan B and made Norah take her bath and put on her Clemson shirt....miraculous Clemson starts to win....all because of the shirt....maybe....
Actually the true weekend has surrounded my mom getting better...which she has done such an improvement! The physical therapist came today and they did lots of exercises and she was told not to use the walker anymore...just to use her cane...so hopefully she is on a speedy path to recovery! I told her she would be back to the beach in 6 weeks easy! 

In the meantime....Norah and I have enjoyed some one on one time...
(Yes, I know the pic is kinda scary with no make-up and my "real" hair!..sorry it is rare to have a pic of us!) and the dogs....well they have had an absolute blast running around the yard!!
Oh and I must mention not only did Clemson win (YEAH!!!! Of course, I give a lot of credit to the shirt change!)....but then Keselowski won the Charlotte race!!! Wahoo! Go Ben! We saw you on the TV....(Jeff says you need some sun on your noggin'! Ha!)

And speaking of Jeff...Happy 46th Birthday!!! I know you have enjoyed your weekend  (even if the fish were not biting as planned)...see you tomorrow!! :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Caroline.....this is your Aunt Mary.....are you and Jeff coming to the rehearsal dinner.....Stephen asked me to find out.....also Thomas Rhea and his wife Melissa just moved into Pawleys Retreat. You will get to talk to them at the wedding. Melissa is adorable and I am sure you will want to get together....just let me know asap.....thanks....

Unknown said...

Caroline.....this is your Aunt Mary.....are you and Jeff coming to the rehearsal dinner.....Stephen asked me to find out.....also Thomas Rhea and his wife Melissa just moved into Pawleys Retreat. You will get to talk to them at the wedding. Melissa is adorable and I am sure you will want to get together....just let me know asap.....thanks....