Monday, October 7, 2013

The Latest...

Been busy as usual (when are we not these days!)...today my mom had her hip replaced. So thankful everything went okay and hope that this is the road to full recovery for her! I so wish I was there with her but I think she will do well to have lots of rest before we visit. She hopes to be home from the hospital later this week.

Since my phone is smashed...I definitely have not been good about the ole' picture taking. And it is sometimes not working which is so not good for me. I did order a new iPhone 5s but it is not scheduled to ship until Oct. 21! What?! (I got the silver one...)
Friday we had a fun lunch at our school with all the Middle and Upper Students. It was a great time! So when I got home it was so nice that Norah was invited to go watch the local high school parade which she brought home tons of candy...and had a lot of fun! (Thanks Glenn!)
Saturday we watched football with some friends...it was such a fun time! Norah picked out her outfit and it looked like something I would wear...we called her mini me (it also was a reminder how fast she is growing up...EEK!)
We were off and loved this pic where Norah totally photo bombed the picture! So cute!
And here is Jeff's attempt to take a pic of Norah and me...since barely any exist!
And since this coming weekend Jeff turns the BIG 4-6...
He will be spending the weekend with the boys which I know he is super pumped about! I found out that the band I heard a few weeks back is playing in Murrells Inlet on Saturday so I think I will get to see them as I will be hubby and child free that night! Wahoo!

On random notes....we have started watching "Homeland" again and even though Brody is not in the first 2 episodes...Saul is making it up for me! This show is crazy!
Also please tell me you watched "The Big Bang Theory" last week regarding the scavenger hunt...I seriously laughed out loud...and the Neil Diamond singing in the car...reminds me of MB and I in ATL and Peter Cetera...I'm just saying...


Also there are some great movies coming out and two that I want to see happen to be both based on true stories..."Rush" and "Captain Phillips"...

I also read a cute book lately. The 6th graders at my school are reading from the list of books nominated for SC Junior Book Award 2014 so I decided to read one too! I read "The Apothecary" by Maile Meloy. Easy read and had a very different ending then I would have thought it would have...
Also get it while it lasts...Tory Burch Friends and Family discount of 25% off...I sure would love THESE!
or THIS!

Too bad it is not my birthday! :)

No comments: