Saturday, December 14, 2013

New York, Books, and stuff...

Wow! I cannot believe that Christmas is only 11 days away! Usually I'm so on top of things for Christmas but this year...I am so behind! Hoping to get it all done in time!

Our trip to New York started with a big adventure to just get there...with a canceled flight, then flying to Boston...arriving at 1 am, sleeping in a hotel for about 3 hours, then taking the Mega Bus from Boston to New York (lots of shuttles and public transportation too!)....all this after about 10 additional hours in the big city of Myrtle Beach! I absolutely loved the apartment we stayed in and the neighborhood...it was so cute! Seeing Phantom of the Opera was amazing! Our favorite eats were Waldy's Wood Fired Pizza & Penne, Tal Bagels, and Serafina. After arriving late on Sunday night back home...I had to hit the ground running! Jeff and I had a super busy week at work and then I had something each night of the week too! So now today is all about running errands, household chores, and getting ready for Christmas! I keep thinking that after one more week...I can relax and maybe take a nap! :)

Click HERE to see pictures from our trip.

I've read the above books lately..."Wife 22" and "The Theory of Opposites" were good chick lit books. "Shine Shine Shine" and "The Ocean at the End of the Lane" were both very different books. "Shine Shine Shine"...I was not really sure where it was going when I started to read it but after you read it...it really makes you think. It would be a good book for a group discussion. "The Ocean....Lane" is definitely a little odd and if you are not ready to read something strange...it might not be the one for you. Now I'm debating to read the Harry Potter books again since it is Christmas or just pick something else? Decisions...

Norah and I did end up seeing "Frozen" and it was really cute! Norah and I said we could even see it again!
Well this is the last week of school before break and there is a lot to be done...but at 5 more days...I think I can make it!

No comments: