Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Random stuff for the end of 2013...

Hard to believe that 2013 is over tonight...this week we have boxed/packed all of Christmas back up till next year (so sad to put up all the Christmas cards...they are always so fun to look at during Christmas!) Used gift cards that students had given me for Christmas (best gifts ever!)...Thank You! I've also gotten some reading done and we have just kinda chilled out.

These are the books I have read over break so far...

I really enjoyed all of them..."The Sea of Tranquility" was interesting and I'm a little surprised that some think this is YA as I thought it had a lot of heavy issues in it and definitely would recommend being at least an older high school student age reader for it...and the last line of the book gave me chills! "The Girl you Left Behind" is by the same author who wrote "Me Before You" but is a totally different book...I think that I will have to now check out the author's other books as I really enjoy her writing. And "The Lightning Thief"....I watched the movie recently and thought it was cute...definitely YA and I can see why the kids love this series...will definitely read more of this...

I must admit that I started getting antsy again (you know how I miss Charlotte lately!) so Norah and I went to Charleston this morning...we walked around, shopped, and had lunch...then headed back...it was just what I needed!
Norah got "ice cream" after lunch and was in heaven!

Somebody was pretty tired from our adventure!
Then we got home and Norah had a surprise...a teacher (Thank You Mrs. Ladd) I work with sent back a snowball from Maine in a cooler for her...she thought it was way cool!

So now I will leave you with something random that makes me chuckle!...love Jennifer Lawrence...



Have a Happy and Safe New Year's Eve! Here's hoping that 2014 is an amazing year!

No comments: