Thursday, January 2, 2014

The start of 2014...

New Year's Day we went to a friend's house to watch some football and ate all our good luck food...greens, black eye peas, and pork. It sucked to watch Georgia lose the game...my family was actually there for it and I don't think the rain helped their spirits.

Today I had to take Norah back to the dermatologist and she was so brave as she had some stuff done to her legs again and a 10 day prescription of antibiotics...that she is not excited about taking (there is bribery involved.) I was so proud of her...but it is hard to see your baby in pain. She then headed to work with me where I got a few things done. We also met some friends at a local place..."Get Fired Up"...and believe it or not...I totally forgot to take pics (I guess I was too enthralled in my own painting!) Norah painted a penguin and I did an owl mug...cannot wait to see how they turn out next week. ;)

Jeff took Norah to work with him for about an hour in the late afternoon so I could head to the movies. I saw "Saving Mr. Banks"...

Of course the acting was superb...you can do no wrong with Tom Hanks or Emma Thompson (love them both!)...it was interesting to see the story play out since it is based on actual events. It actually made me want to know more about Walt Disney himself too.

Now we are gearing up to watch some football. The AJ Starr and AJ McCarron story on ESPN before the game tonight...it was such a good story! Made me tear up and now I am definitely pulling for Alabama!


No comments: