Sunday, January 19, 2014

Charlotte Time...

With a crazy, busy short week at work...I ended up in Charlotte for Thursday and Friday. Thursday I went to Randolph Middle School to check out their IB program. Our school is headed down the IB road with the diploma program first (11th and 12th grades) but we want to make sure the rest of our school fits so we can expand the program. First, if you know nothing about IB...you gotta check it out. If there is one near you...go visit...it is pretty awesome and I highly recommend. I had a great experience at Randolph...the principal and student ambassadors were fabulous and extremely helpful with my zillion questions. It was wonderful to hear the information and now I cannot wait to share it with our school! (A huge THANKS to my sister-in-law aka Aunt Robyn for entertaining Norah while I went to this...Norah loved spending time with ya!)


I was also able to get some errands done with Norah in the afternoon...she got a haircut, new shoes, and a book...I love that she carries the book with her and reads at any opportunity! (she is reading "The Diary of a Wimpy Kid")

We also were lucky enough to meet up with our old neighbors and have an impromptu neighbor night on Thursday. The kids played hard, we ordered pizza, and I got to gab with these two amazing ladies! (Miss you Meredith and Sarah...aka best neighbors ever!) I love when a kid takes a picture for you...you never know what you will get! (Good job William!)

Friday Jeff headed into work while Norah and I had breakfast, a trip to the library, errands, quiet time to read our books, visits with friends and dinner out. And yes...that is a real beer Jeff is drinking!


On Saturday...Jeff went to visit some friends....Norah and I ran around town. She actually wanted to shop for clothes which she has never asked to do before...she wanted dresses. I let her pick out some things and it is crazy to think how she is growing up! Then Norah and her daddy went on a date night (had dinner out and visit with Aunt Robyn and Uncle Buck...in her new dress and head band!) while I met some friends out! Loved seeing all the girls and had a blast! It was a very fun night and so happy that we were all able to get together as it is hard to get everyone out together with all of our crazy schedules (Was thinking that between the 7 of us girls...we have 15 kids!)  :) And Julie's birthday was Friday so was able to give her a birthday hug!





Today we got to chat with Jeff's mom some about her adventure in Mexico that she has been on all week and then packed it up to head back to the beach. Hated to run out on Jeff's mom but we did need to head home...loved seeing her pictures and was thankful for being able to stay in her house while she was away. Whew! Let's just say a nap happened when I got home! Loved all the Charlotte time we had and so happy to have gotten to see so many people while we were in town!

No comments: