Sunday, January 26, 2014

Birthday and other stuff...

Well my birthday has come and gone. It all started with a little fun with my students as we watched a movie and just had a fun Friday to start my birthday weekend off right! Then there was a lot of relaxing involved (love!), Harry Potter movie watching, and we even took Norah to a kid's birthday party at the bowling alley on my birthday. We got to meet the parents of one of the cute girls in Norah's class so that was fun! I got the best present ever from Norah...she painted me a white owl! And then I was surprised by a cake from Jeff and Norah..."Hedwig" cake! It was hard to tell who was more excited about the cake...me or Norah! The cake was not only awesome but tasted super yummy too (red velvet inside)...thanks to Pawleys Island Bakery (they are the best!) We also were lucky in that my mom came to town and took us out to eat...we let Norah decide on where to go...and ended up at the Pawleys Island Raw Bar aka Blue Crab which was a good time and good food.



I also ordered a good many books (I mean can we say obsession!) for my birthday that I cannot wait to receive. I also recently finished reading three books...

I enjoyed "Inferno" as I do all of Dan Brown's books. It is fast paced, love all the research and interesting facts, and the Langdon character (love that he is smart, funny, and a little quirky) is great...so a good read. I really enjoyed "Rules of Civility" and highly recommend it to anyone. It has me still thinking about it. I actually tagged a few paragraphs in the book that I think are so well written and meaningful. It is a book that I know I will read a second time. And then the 2nd book in the Percy Jackson world as I needed something a little more low-key after reading "Rules of Civility." I think the Percy Jackson series is cute.

Norah is growing like a weed these days. We went to her school's ceremony for being a "Terrific Kid" at school and you realize how tall she is when standing to other students. I love that she is so tall! She has enjoyed the painting classes lately and also painted a cute jelly fish pic. She is also doing so well in school and could not be prouder of her! I love that she is a big reader and excels in math too!


And the "Mountaineer" team that I was lucky to be a part of when I taught in Charlotte sent me a pic of us that I think was from the yearbook...we were obviously outside closely watching our students of course...we were the best team...just sayin'! :)

Well since the party is over today...I guess it is off to do some work at school and then do the weekly chores at home! But I am secretly hoping for a snow day this week here!

And a shout out to our sweet friend Ellie who has the flu!!! Get better soon...we miss ya!

No comments: