Sunday, January 5, 2014

The end of break (sigh) happenings...

I cannot believe that break is over and school is back tomorrow (I'm not ready!) It has been a much needed break and so fun to be with Norah more and I know it will take a couple of days to get back into our routine. I will miss just be able to sit and read a book with no agenda...basically just do whatever we wanted whenever we wanted to do it! Oh well...Spring Break is only a few months away! :)

Okay...back to what has been happening...our amaryllis planted earlier in December bloomed on Friday...how pretty!

On Friday Glenn and the kids were going to see "Frozen" and since Norah and I had already seen it...Norah wanted to see it again...Norah went with them while I went into the theatre next door to watch "American Hustle."

I thought this movie was pure fun! Christian Bale rocked out his role...the comb over...hilarious! I love that I have gotten to see these great movies over break. Speaking of movies...two previews caught my eye..."Winter's Tale" coming out February 2014 and "Million Dollar Arm" coming out May 2014.

Then it was home to watch the Clemson game (I did not wear my Clemson attire as last time they lost when I did and didn't want to jinx it...) and what do you know...we won! Awesome!

Saturday was all about gearing up for Monday...work, errands, house stuff, etc. and then had dinner with co-workers which was a blast! I had two cute students babysit for me so Norah loved that!

I guess with football looming towards the end (and "Homeland" is over for the season...I will miss ya Saul!)...at least we have a couple new series coming back on..."Downton Abbey" and "Banshee." Now Banshee is very geared towards adults and it is the second season coming up so it is either going to be great or suck. We'll have to see. I also watched "Jessie" on Disney with Norah over break and think it is a cute show!


Today Jeff went on a little hunting adventure....


Yes...that is gross and no...we are not eating it!

This weather is so wacky...it was like 30 degrees and today it is 65...rain is coming in...crazy! I think this means I need some cute rain boots...short and glossy or tall, glossy "huntress" version? :)


Well I guess it is time to make sure Norah's lunch box and back pack are ready to go for tomorrow...and all that good stuff. And of course...the countdown is on...20 days till the birthday (yes, I am obnoxious about it!)

No comments: