Friday, December 23, 2016

Books 43-46 for the year...

So as of today...I've read 46 books for the year...I would have loved to eventually hit 50 or 52 for the year but I don't think that will happen. I am hoping I can maybe read one or two more by year end and then I'll post about my favorites I read for the year. 

Number 43 was another Daniel Silva...I'm still going through all the books in order now since I originally read his new ones first. I really enjoy these a lot. If you like spy fiction...this series is top notch.


Number 44 was "Behind Closed Doors" and this was a great read! I read it in two days...loved it. It was quick paced and different. Cannot wait to read something else the author writes. Would recommend for anyone to pick up! Great Christmas gift for a reader!


Number 45 was "Homegoing" by Yaa Gyasi and I will already tell you that this has made my top 3 books I have read this year. I was not sure going in if it would be something I would be interested in or would it be too "heavy" for this time of year...but honestly it is so well written. It is incredible and I hope it wins lots of awards. It follows the family line of two sisters and it is just story telling at its best. You want to know all about each character and they seem so real. Even when the situation is a negative, terrible thing...the story draws you in and you want more. Please pick this book up and dive in. It is a true literary treasure. 


Number 46 was "in a dark, dark wood" and honestly if it hadn't gone back and forth from the present time to past events so that you know something happened....and only gone in chronological order...I would have never finished reading this one. I was not interested at all in the characters (their personalities drove me batty) and the situation they were in was far fetched but the actual figuring out the event that takes place is interesting but a little far fetched. It is a shorter, quicker read and in the suspense genre. I would recommend "Behind Closed Doors" and "The Couple Next Door" over this one...but if that is your genre...you might want to read this one too.

No comments: