Friday, December 30, 2016

Book 47 and a review of books I read in 2016...

So this year I read a total of 47 books. I have gotten better about keeping track of the books I read by keeping a list in my bullet journal (pic below)...and trying to start doing separate posts for the books titled with the word "books" in it somewhere to help keep them easy to find.


The last book I read this year...# 47 was "A Man Called Ove" by Fredrik Backman. It is a book I heard a lot about so finally got around to reading it. I liked it and thought it was a super sweet book.


Looking back on the books I read this year...my favorite book hands down...
"11/22/63" by Stephen King. It was fantastic, has every element of a book that I love in it, and I didn't want the book to end! I think everyone should read it! Just so good! (I did watch a few episodes of the show they made with same title but it is so different from the book that I couldn't finish watching it...the book is so much better of course!)


My next top two picks for the year would be:


I love spy genre books and the Vince Flynn book series was great that I read earlier in the year as well as the Daniel Silva books that I have been reading lately too...but I really enjoyed his newest novel "The Black Widow." I think it was the best spy book of the year for me out of all of them but so many close seconds. And in my latest post about books I talk about how "Homegoing" is definitely one of my top 3 books for the year and is high on the list for all time. Loved it.

I feel like I read a lot of suspense genre books this year and "Behind Closed Doors" sticks out the most in my head for the best of the bunch with a unique premise. I also really enjoyed "Mr. Mercedes" and "Finders Keepers" both by Stephen King. I thought they were excellent books (didn't love the third one in the series.)

There were a lot of great books this year and I cannot wait to keep reading in 2017...maybe I will hit 50 books for the year!

Here are links to all the past book posts on the blog I could find for 2016 if ya want more details...
January 3 post
January 14 post
February 1 post
February 19 post 
March 12 post
April 28 post
July 10 post
July 29 post
August 23 post
September 26 post
November 14 post
December 23 post

No comments: