Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Mid-Week Check-In...

We have really gotten into a routine...I have started working out in the morning hitting the gym right when it opens at 5:30. Monday we both tried working out at different times after work but working out at night is not great for me...I feel yuck when I do it. But Jeff likes working out at night so I went back to mornings. The down side is that I only have 30 minutes to work out in the morning so I have to be super efficient but it makes my day so much better!
 
I also finished "Still Life" by Louise Penny which was good...it was a mystery but was a little slow paced at first and more about getting to know the characters. I then read "The Giver" by Lois Lowry
The giver is a young adult book that most of my students last year and this year have read. It is a short, easy read but a powerful read. There is so much to take from it and you could discuss...I recommend it.

So I started thinking what I should read next...should I read one of the books that I hope to read in the (hopefully) book club? I decided to read "Skeletons at the Feast" by Chris Bohjalian next as part of the description compares it to "The English Patient" which I loved!

I also really liked how I read a religious book in actual book form while I had a novel on the Kindle. That way I can go back and forth and have the physical book to re-read or reflect on certain parts so I am going to find another religious book to read as well but haven't decided which one yet.

Well time to get back to the weekly grind...we have more work, school, chores, reading, etc. to do until we hit the weekend!! And in two days we will celebrate Jeff's birthday! So I will leave you with another "funny"...this is a classic one...
You know that you want to say this to people! :)

No comments: