Sunday, December 23, 2012

2 more days!

We are getting very excited about Christmas 'round here at the Hoppe house. Friday Norah and I went to the movies and saw "Rise of the Guardians." I was not sure how she would like it but she picked it so off we went. Norah loved it! I thought it was okay but she is still talking about it so that was good!
 
On Saturday, Norah decorated a gingerbread house and we made out first batch of sugar cookies. It made me think about all the years we decorated cookies with our girls in Charlotte (HERE is last year.)
 
I also cooked a turkey and made soup with it...turned out good! If you know me and making any type of soup...I just throw a bunch of stuff in there and spices and see how it turns out...it was a winner! Anyway by sometime after lunch I was worn out...so movies on ABCFamily were watched as we lounged away. Then around 5:30ish we headed to Brookgreen Gardens to finally see the Night of Lights! It was so crowded but beside that it was great! I loved this one area where the lights used were only white and gold lights...it looked great!

Fuzzy but I was trying to take a picture without the flash so you could see some of the lights!




This was one of Norah's favorite parts...in the children's garden there was a bubble machine shooting out bubbles everywhere!

We checked out some rooms with all these bronze statues that were pretty cool. This one was Norah's favorite! Also in the gift shop they have some awesome ones you can buy but they are expensive!
It was really cold out too which was strange since it was 70 degrees on Thursday here! Today we headed to Church and I was scheduled to teach Sunday School but got lucky as we combined classes and I got to do a small part and then watch Mrs. Amanda do a great job with the lesson! Jeff went to the Sunday School class that I have been going to...he went last week too...he also really is enjoying it so cannot wait to go together next week to it! We have so enjoyed our new Church and look forward to the service tomorrow!
Holy Cross Faith Memorial Episcopal Church
When we got home, there was more cookie baking and cleaning that went on around here as well as Jeff getting some work done. Whew! Now we are chillin' out and we will see what the night brings and then tomorrow is Christmas Eve! I am feeling much better and the doctor was right...it took a week to start feeling good again. Now my incisions itch and some burn but I think that it just it healing. I also am ready for the strips to come off! Well I will leave you with a cute picture of Finn to make you smile! Seriously, our dogs act like people!
 



1 comment:

Kim said...

Hi Caroline:

Thanks for sharing some of your Christmas adventures with your BlogFriends. Sounds like you have been making a lot of wonderful memories...

Sending you Merry Christmas blessings and wishes for a Happy New Year!

Kim
Finding JOY in 6th Grade